Saturday 8 May 2021

Ice Warriors On Vinyl.

Oh My Giddy Aunt, look what is coming out on vinyl. The narrated story of The Doctor's encounter with those Martian storm troopers The Ice Warriors. It was something of a legendary story to me as a boy, only familiar with it through the Target novelization and the occasional photograph. Which I supposed is a lot more familiar than say, someone with a casual interest.  I grew up never expecting to ever seen so many of these classic era stories and sadly for a few that may well remain the case. However, some of those stories survived, in bits and pieces and I have nothing but affection for the BBC's attempt to share those stories with a newer audience and I have always enjoyed their partially narrated adaptions.the same goes for sets on vinyl, the format I grew up with and which I believe will never grow old. 

              Yes, the format stumbled but it regenerated.

              Bring on The Ice Warriors.