Monday 24 December 2018

Basil Sings!

Found this absolutely beautiful book on one of my book hunting trips. I say "book hunting" but it is more of a random dander where occasionally good things show up. And I came up trumps this time. It is just one very special wee book, very beautiful indeed, laid out like an old school songbook with the most stunningly detailed illustrations. It is like a programme for a music hall review, like The Good Old Days Of Yore.
            I was kind of hoping Basil did a version of God Save The Queen by The Sex Pistols. Basil could channel Lydon if he so choose. Or Holidays In The Sun. Just the thought of Basil going over the Berlin Wall. Mind you we live in an era when the Berlin wall does not have the same cultural resonance...as it no longer exists, I suppose.
            Boom! Boom!