Saturday 19 November 2016

Milo And The Planet Of The Men.

                                                             This is Milo. Milo Popodopolis.
I met Milo at a book group. He was doing a talk on the work of Edgar Rice Burroughs and cultural appropriation and even how he read Swift as satire and Pierre Boulle for shits and giggles. I tried to affect an air of cool disinterest ( Intellectuals always make me feel unsure of myself so this is my default defensiveness.)  but I actually found it fascinating. He does not claim to be an expert on all things simian and insisted it was more by chance than design he was talking about monkey books.Modesty on his part, I suspect. He is currently working on a book about a monkey astronaut who crash lands on a planet where mankind has evolved to be the dominant species.
             He is going to call it Planet Of The Men.
             It is probably going to turn out to be no where near as racey as the title suggests.