Saturday 11 June 2016

Bowie In Colour.

Just look at what my best pal John gifted me. A Bowie colouring book. Wee biographical sound bites with full page dressy dollies to colour in. Pleae do not laugh or sneer. Some one else mocked me for liking it. What do I care. When I was a kid growing up in Ardoyne I was mocked for liking Bowie as his great albums were coming out and he was truly a creative force to be reckoned with and loved.
             It is a world that has since passed. as has the great man himself. I thought bowie was like the Himalayas or the moon. This huge presence which would always be there exerting its powerful gravitational and imaginative pull.
             Now I sort of see him as this John Dee like figure.
             A magician or a mage.
             An alchemist whose medium was sound and vision.
            The man who sold the world.