Tuesday 23 February 2016

The Implausible Team-Up.



The Game was a foot and the foot was less than a yard. Go figure, when destiny calls one must do ones best. Remain at all times thoroughly modern and do not be afraid to call a spade a spade even if it does look more like a shovel. Deadpool and Captain America. Now there is a most improbable super-hero sandwich particularly if the filling is a mercurial Irish fop. Er, that did not quite turn out the way it sounded in my head.
            Or perhaps it did.
            It all felt like one of those Bizarro Days when everything you know to be real is stolen and replaced by exact duplicates.
            Deadpool showed me a few tricks with his weapons of choice and I demonstrated my default position for ultimate stress situations;immediate self destruction. It is not a worldliness that drives me to assume this position just an overwhelming sense of fear that borders on hysteria in the face of danger. They say the brave only die once and that the coward dies a thousand deaths. I can tell you they are also out a fortune on underpants.
             I thought Captain America was a nice counter point to the sheer madness of Deadpool. A stoic figure braving a hurricane of insanity. Not unlike my own position in this barmy world of ours. He is a sheltering Joshua Tree whilst I am a prickly little cactus one can squeeze for juice in a desolate landscape.