Sunday 18 May 2014

The Face From Space.

It is a message, a message from the stars, scrawled on the walls of an ancient Druidic Temple by a seven foot tall hairless albino engineer, a sign from beyond heaven's horizon to lead us to our doom on an alien world a billion miles away. Actually this is, I am told, an affectionate caricature of me drawn by a chum. It is, hideous to relate, a most accurate depiction of my visage as it is now. All these years on the same planet and I still look like a visitor. It was done on a chalk board in a toilet cubicle in a downtown Belfast bar. God only knows the shock endured by anyone innocently using the facilities. It reminds me of the time a friend repeated to me what he believed to be the location of Da Vinci's Mona Lisa. " It hangs in A Loo in Paris, you know.".
              Ha, Got that beat.