Sunday 31 January 2016

Ghost of A Flea.

Must be something in the water. I seemed to be so easily provoked emotionally these days. The spectrum of lights that break through the branches of a leafless tree. Crushing a lavender bud from the pot outside my front door between my fingers and breathing in the smell of a wind swept moor I no longer have the legs to traipse over a mountain top too...
           And just yesterday hearing Harry Secombe singing Jerusalem on the radio as I browsed the second hand books the hospice shop on the Antrim Rd. That very funny man had an amazing voice and he carried that hymn til it soared and yet he grounded it as well. Maybe it was because it was the same place just a couple of weeks ago I heard of the death of Bowie. A sad voice coming over the air on a radio that had seen better days I guess no matter how much we try to live in the moment the past and the yet to be whirl all about us like a dervish. Anything permanent is just an illusion. I wonder if I would have felt differently if the song had been Bowie singing The Laughing Gnome...
             Ha,Ha,Ha,He,He,He,I'm The Laughing Gnome And You Cant Catch Me..