Saturday 10 November 2018

Doctor In The Houser.

..Faced with a choice of thirteen covers one had to pause and think which to go for. Would love to have them all, its such a lovely event to celebrate, it being the first issue of a whole new world of Doctor Who. I have had high hopes for it too. Not just because of it being a Doctor Who tile but because of the chosen creative team. I had collected and read Jody Houser's faith comic series which I enjoyed so much I ended up holding on to the run ( at this point my house looks like the set of Steptoe And Son, like a rag and boneyard, or the worlds most disorganised car boot sale so I tend to pass on stuff just for room's sake.)  With writing chores on the Dark Horse Stranger Things title its a great choice of writer to begin this new era of stories. Rachel Stott has an admirable portfolio behind her and a cursory, non spoiler, flick through the comic shows what a colourful job Enrica Angiolini has delivered. Damn! Hard not to have the highest hopes.
             Just open to the first page, see the words "previously" and tell me you were not intrigued..