Saturday 24 December 2022

Let The Tribe Increase.

Found a copy of The Mob album Let The Tribe Increase. Well, I say found but I really just dug it out from a mountain of old vinyl leaning against the wall.My home is increasingly looking like the set of Steptoe And Son.It crackles in the way well played, well listened too vinyl,does. First discovered The Mob with the single Unexpected Guest.They were a very political band but that was nothing to someone whos ma used to play The Men Behind The Wire all the time.I really got the feelung they meant every word they sang and it was not posturing or posing.I never really thought that way about music, I sort off treated all genres as if they were the same. In fact, i still feel awkward when people wax knowingly about music or film. I always feel as if everyone is aware of a rule book I have not seen. Thankfully, The Mob performed as though there were no rules. Back in the day I had a copy of this magazine and the pages ,including the cover, ended up cellotaped to my bedroom wall. Let the tribe increase,indeed.