Tuesday 30 November 2021

Doctor Who Annual 1977.

                                            "Are you coming or going? Or going or coming?"
                                                    The Doctor; The Sontaran Experiment.
 Bought with my own savings way back in 1976. No mean feat for a boy with no savings. It was put over by the very friendly newsagent Vincey Mullholland who owned the newsagent at the bottom of Etna Drive. A kindly move as he knew my family had not a pot to piss in, as they used to say in these parts. He was patient enough to wait till I had saved enough to pay it off and I cannot tell you how excited I was to hand over the last ten pence.

            I have to admit though, I was bewildered by the contents. The art work was absolutely incredible in places. I mean just check out the back cover illustration of The Doctor. But the stories were surreal. As though someone had worked out the lore of Who by looking at pictures and made some bonkers yarns out of them. Still felt like a slice of heaven to me though.