Tuesday 30 April 2024

Mark Mc Keown has wonderfully brought to life, or at least a simalcrum of life, with sound and moving pictures of a story I did with the Belfast artist Sean Hamilton. Originally influenced by people I was listening to at the time, trying to capture in a comic strip the energies I would have picked up from a three minute song. It is as much a mystery to me as the art of songwriting but I reasoned even if I failed Sean would produce some very pretty pictures to go with my words. Mark has taken that notion even further with a trippy pop alchemical wash. He really fired some visual love-bullets for this one. And to think that it all actually happened beneath some striking April Skies on a spring day far , far away and yet so very, very close to home. But dont let us tell you what we tried to do, let us show you...The Colour of Love